Linear Way L is a miniature type linear motion rolling guide, incorporating two rows of steel balls arranged in four point contact with the raceways. Although it is small in size, it provides stable accuracy and rigidity owing to its simple design even in operations under fluctuating loads with changing direction and magnitude or complex loads. The standard products are made from stainless steel, and a wide range of variations in shapes and sizes are available for selections suitable for each application.
- The ball-retained type includes interchangeable specification products. The dimensions of slide units and track rails of this specification are individually controlled, so that the slide units and track rails can be combined, added or exchanged freely.
- Standard type and Wide type
- As the cross sectional shape of the slide unit, standard type and wide type which is suitable for the usage of one track rail can be selected.
- Length of slide unit
- The slide unit of stainless steel, ball retained type is further classified into three types: short type, standard type and high rigidity long type. All of these slide units are equal in sectional dimensions but different in slide unit lengths, which can be selected suiting the requirements in each application.
- Stainless steel type and high carbon steel type
- The stainless steel type has excellent corrosion resistance and is most suitable for machines and equipment used in clean environments, for example, medical equipment, disk read devices, and semiconductor manufacturing equipment. The high carbon steel type permits additional working to track rails and is used for general purpose applications such as material transfer machines and handling equipment.
- Ball retained type
- The slide unit of ball retained type incorporates ball retaining bands, which prevent steel balls from dropping when the slide unit is separated from the track rail. So handling is easy.
- Tapped rail specification
- In addition to the standard specification track rail which is fixed by inserting bolts downward in the mounting holes, the tapped rail specification track rail that has tapped screw holes is available, so an optimum mounting direction can be selected, giving more freedom in machine design.